Dog- (US woof woof/ ruff ruff) Romania= halm halm
Pig- (oink/oink) Romania= gweetz gweetz
Chicken (cluck/cluck) Romania= pew pewHen= coat coo doc
Rooster (cocka-doodle doo) Romania= coo coo ree goo
Duck (quack/quack) Romania= mock mockGoose (honk/honk) Romania=
ga ga (as in 'lady')
Mouse (? in US) Romania=
keets keets
The sounds for cat, cow, lamb and horse are similar..![]() |
| Darius' cow |
![]() |
| Soap made from pork fat |
Romanian words of the day:
One day during my first trip to Romania in 1999, I found myself in the yard in front of the old RCE office waiting for a meeting to let out. The only other person out there was Admin, Carmen and Mimi Bocsa's 4 year old son (he's now 15!)..we couldn't communicate with one another, but somehow he understood me when I started pointing to parts of my face and asking him to tell me the Romanian.. here's what he taught me that I still remember today..
Nose= nas (nas)
Tongue= limba (limb-ah)
Ear= ureche (ooh-reck-ee)
Eye= ochi (oh-key)
Teeth= dintii (din-tee)




No comments:
Post a Comment